Spanning more than 80 miles south of Cancun along the Mexican Caribbean Coast, the Riviera Maya is a top tourist destination and one of the most romantic places in the world! In fact, this part of Mexico seems like it was specially made just for newlyweds looking for somewhere beautiful, safe, exotic and exciting to enjoy their first days as a married couple, and Vacation.com recently named the Riviera Maya one of the world’s top six honeymoon destinations!
Read on to see some of the best things to do on a honeymoon in Riviera Maya, Mexico, and come make some unforgettable memories in one of the world’s most memorable places!
“Mayan ruins, adults-only options, outdoor adventures, nightclubs and short travel times are some reasons why our travel agents recommend a honeymoon in Riviera Maya, Mexico”, wrote Vacation.com. “You can get more luxury treatment for your budget and cut out a long travel time with a postnuptial getaway on the Riviera Maya in Mexico”.
Encompassing cosmopolitan downtown Playa del Carmen, as well as the exclusive and gated beach, marina and golf community of Puerto Aventuras and the laid-back ancient Mayan town of Tulum, the Riviera Maya is full of things to do that you simply can’t find anywhere else in the world. From all-inclusive mega resorts to the world’s hottest boutique hotels and condos, to other vacation home rentals and residences, the options are truly endless and where to stay in the Riviera Maya should depend on the things you really want to do.
For example, if you just want to chill out, enjoy one another and lay by the beach and/or pool on your honeymoon, a mega resort would probably me more than enough to satisfy, but if you also want to experiencing some of the local culture, it would be better to stay in a boutique hotel, condo or private vacation home rental.
Here are just a few of the best to do in Mexico’s Riviera Maya on a honeymoon:
- Excite all the senses with an extraordinary half-day adventure at Xenses Park .
- Take a catamaran and snorkel along the world’s second largest barrier reef.
- Enjoy dinner and a show at Cirque du Soleil, or take a romantic Xoximilco dinner cruise.
- Feel the heat at the Riviera Maya’s hottest nightclubs and best beach clubs.
- Tour Chichen Itza’s ancient Mayan ruins; one of the new seven wonders of the world.
- Enjoy a relaxing Mayan Clay Spa experience for couples.
- Splurge on a private yacht charter and let the crew pamper you at sea.
- Cleanse body, mind and spirit in a traditional ancient Mayan temazcal sweat lodge ceremony.
Do you have questions about vacationing in Riviera Maya? Post them in the comments!
Want to know more? Read 6 of the Best Places to Visit in Mexico’s Riviera Maya to discover even more of the best things to do on a Riviera Maya honeymoon!