Deciding where to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Mexico’s Riviera Maya can feel a bit overwhelming, but thankfully that's only true because there are so many options to choose from! Whether you’re staying in Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum, we found parties that are perfect for families, singles and couples of all ages.
Here’s our list of the best 2019 Riviera Maya New Year’s Eve parties to help you celebrate in style!
Best New Year’s Eve Celebrations Playa del Carmen 2019:
1. Thompson Playa del Carmen will host one of the biggest parties of the year for NYE in the Riviera Maya, offering three nights of pumping beats, flowing drinks and revelry with one of the best views of downtown Playa, starting December 29thand continuing through December 31st when the hotel will host its epic annual New Year’s Eve bash. Entry is $3,380 pesos, or $7,080 pesos for admission plus dinner. Tables and cabanas also available for reservation.
2. Mandala is also a popular New Year’s Eve party spot near downtown Playa del Carmen, offering a great dance party and the opportunity to reserve the table size and location of your choice, along with your favorite bottles. Prices range from $1,029 USD to $2,860 USD. Each table reservation includes covers (tickets) for a pre-determined number of guests, who can order bottles and drinks from the menu during the NYE party.
3. Playa Mamitas has already established itself as an iconic place to spend NYE, featuring incredible staging and production, a high-quality menu, excellent service and fantastic shows. This year, a variety of different artists will take the stage and help transport guests into the New Year, including live musicians and DJs, followed by an end-of-year fireworks show that is guaranteed to take your breath away. A variety of different ticket packages are available, starting from $678 pesos.
Insider Tip from Investment Properties Mexico: 12th Street, between 5th Avenue and the entrance to the beach at 1st Avenue in downtown Playa del Carmen, is a major go-to New Year’s Eve party spot for locals, who come here to spend the last few hours of the year. Everyone brings their own coolers and knows how to have fun, so if you plan to check this celebration out, be prepared to let loose and have a great time!
Best New Year’s Eve Cancun 2019:
1. Cocobongo is a fun party spot that is located right in the middle of the Hotel Zone. This year, the event will include outrageous performances, world-class DJs, live music and a dance party on New Year’s Eve. Tickets from $160 USD and includes admission, all shows, a special edition T-shirt and unlimited premium drinks from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.
2. Columbus Cancun hosts romantic dinner cruises aboard a Spanish Galleon on the Nichupte Lagoon, offering breathtaking views, live music, fine wine and a delicious, three-course surf ‘n turf lobster dinner for just $162.65 USD per person.
3. The Jolly Roger will host a special Pirate New Year 2019 celebration for families in Cancun that includes a delicious gourmet dinner, open bar and plenty of fun for all ages. The evening will also feature a special live performance, a bottle of sparkling wine per couple and fireworks. Cost is $210 USD for adults and $105 USD for children.
4. Grupo Mandala offers four different nightclubs to choose from (see below), which is an ideal option for those who want to party until the wee hours of the morning. Prices range from $100 to $1,200 USD.
- La Vaquita is the place to go if you want to experience the wildest party in Cancun, offering a great combination of the hottest hits and your favorite drinks.
- Mandala is known for throwing parties with an international flair, presenting an experience that is not to be missed for serious partygoers.
- Dady’O has been open for 26 years and has become a Cancun nightlife institution, offering all styles of music from dance to hip-hop and pop.
- Palazzo offers a glamorous atmosphere, great DJs, couture drinks and beautiful people on NYE and every night.
Best Tulum New Year’s Eve Parties 2019:
1. Gitano will host a magical evening of dinner and dancing in the jungle of Tulum for NYE, with a special menu by Michelin-starrred Noma Co-Founder Chef Mads Reflund, as well as DJ sets and live performances by Mogo Mogo, Guajiro Calentano and a surprise act from London. Prices range from $100 to $5,000 USD.
2. Papaya Playa Project always presents one of the Mexican Caribbean’s hottest New Year’s parties, featuring a celebration and dinner under the stars, with a special “Mexican Gastronomic Dinner Experience,” that comes with live music, live art, unique performances and shows, including Nu, Monolink, Sainte Vie, Noema, Rico Loop, Pascale Caristo and Ape. Tickets are only available for purchase by joining the venue’s private Facebook group.
3. Sound Tulum will present Flying Circus for NYE in an event designed just for revelers who enjoy electronic dance music. The party will take place at Zamna Tulum, a local hotel and jungle club featuring eco-chic cabanas and a cenote. The celebration will include performances by Audiofly, HVOB live, Oliver Koletzki, Oona Dahl, Briana Krauss and New Human.
4. Zamas Hotel & Restaurant offers a night of food, dancing and celebration for NYE 2019 under the stars on one of the best beaches in the world. The night will start with a beautiful meal, followed by live music and a dancing DJ set. Reservations are required – call or email for more information.
What are your plans for New Year’s Eve 2019? Tell us in the comments!
Looking for more great things to do in Mexico’s Riviera Maya? Read 5 Exciting Off-Resort Activities in the Riviera Maya and Near Downtown Playa del Carmen and take your dream vacation to another level!
Want to send a free digital Holiday Postcard to friends and family?