Mexico is home to one of the world’s top 10 fastest growing property markets, with prices rising by around 35% over the last five years in the Riviera Maya, making Playa del Carmen real estate investment one of the best moves investors worldwide can make.
Why Invest in Real Estate in Playa del Carmen?
Playa del Carmen real estate offers investors a wide variety of benefits as the fastest-growing market in Latin America, offering incredible upside potential from rapid property appreciation and income producing vacation home rental income.
“Thanks to a safety record which is on par with European capitals, the coastline has undergone a remarkable transformation over the past decade,” wrote Financial Times. “Playa del Carmen, the most popular area with international buyers, has gone from a small town to a booming resort and golf destination, with more than a dozen courses”.
Advantages of Investing in Real Estate in Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen is one of the world's top vacation and beach destinations, giving real estate investors an edge with a wide variety of activities for tourists to enjoy, including world-class scuba diving and snorkeling along the world's second-largest barrier reef and easy access to breathtaking ancient Mayan ruins. All of this allows real estate investors to earn incredible ROI with turnkey vacation home rentals that are proven to beat the stock market over time.
Read on to see more about the five major benefits of Playa del Carmen real estate investment and jump-start your financial portfolio today!
- Playa del Carmen Offers Great Return on Investment (ROI)
- Playa del Carmen is An Amazing Place to Vacation
- It’s One of the World’s Best Places to Retire Abroad
- No Worries No Hassles Ownership
- Real Estate Investing Beats the Stock Market Over Time
1. Playa del Carmen Offers Great Return on Investment (ROI)
Situated less than one hour south of the Cancun International Airport, downtown Playa del Carmen offers easy access to everything Mexico’s Riviera Maya has to offer, which includes real estate investment properties that will not depreciate and offer incredible return on investment. As a result, the Playa del Carmen real estate market offers a variety of exciting options, including income-producing investments like vacation home rentals, as well as hotels, homes and condos for sale in prime locations that can pay for themselves and provide excellent appreciation, as well as a fantastic vacation destination for your friends and family.
- Great Location. Playa del Carmen is a thriving, cosmopolitan beach town offering world-class water sports and other exciting activities that simply can't be found anywhere else in the world, along with fabulous condos, hotels, shopping and cuisine... All less than one hour from the Cancun International Airport!
- Appreciation. The Playa del Carmen real estate market has a proven track record of rapid appreciation, thanks to consistently high (and growing!) demand from the travel and tourism sector for condos, hotels and vacation homes that offer all the amenities of home.
- Real Estate Options. The real estate market in Playa del Carmen is still booming, as more travelers from around the world make this Caribbean beach town their favorite "home away from home," giving real estate investors the incredible opportunity to earn secure ongoing rental income from turnkey vacation homes and condos.
- Top Destinations for Travelers. There is no other destination in the world that is quite like Playa, with its cosmopolitan vibe, white sand beaches and clear turquoise water, with its colorful coral reef, magical freshwater cenotes and many ancient Mayan ruins to explore.
2. Playa del Carmen is An Amazing Place to Vacation
Record tourism numbers and high hotel occupancy rates prove that downtown Playa del Carmen is one of the world’s most popular vacation destinations, which has created an innovative market for vacation home rentals that can provide a fantastic investment opportunity, as well as a place you can live full time, or rent out and come on occasion to relax and soak up the Caribbean sun. Close to the seaside ancient Mayan pyramid in Tulum, as well as several other amazing archaeological sites and gorgeous jungle preserves, Playa also offers a distinct cosmopolitan vibe, with some of the world’s best golf courses, dining, shopping and entertainment. The second-largest barrier reef in the world also lies just offshore (as does the island of Cozumel), which means this is also one of the world’s top places to snorkel and dive.
3. It’s One of the World’s Best Places to Retire Abroad
Today’s new vacation home rentals in Playa del Carmen can easily become permanent or part time retirement residences down the road, since Playa is also one of the world’s best places to retire abroad. In fact, it is already a popular haven for expats and retirees, serving as home to a large number of the Americans and Canadians who are living in Playa del Carmen either full or part time. As a result, many of the locals speak English and learning Spanish is not strictly necessary (although it always helps). Universal health care in Mexico is also excellent and available at affordable rates, while residency requirements are welcoming and the cost and quality of living are excellent. Finally, with modern infrastructure throughout the Riviera Maya and the Cancun International Airport less than one hour away, it’s easy for anyone who is living in Playa del Carmen (or who visits regularly) to travel back and forth from other countries.
- Popular Paradise for Expats. With all the comforts of home (and then some!), Playa is a top choice for retirees and expats of all ages from around the world, who come to enjoy living in this safe, beautiful beach town, where they can improve their quality of life and experience everything this Caribbean paradise has to offer.
- Medical Assistance. The medical care in Playa del Carmen is also top notch, with a variety of hospitals, clinics and specialty centers offering treatment for everything from advanced care to minor injuries.
- Modern Infrastructure. One thing you don't have to sacrifice in Playa del Carmen is access to modern infrastructure and amenities. From high speed Internet access, to taxi cabs, highways and more, this Riviera Maya vacation hotspot is miles ahead of other comparable beach towns in the Caribbean.
4. No Worries No Hassles Ownership
As was mentioned earlier, many of the vacation homes that are on the market right now in Playa del Carmen are quite innovative compared to previous developments. For example, The Fives Luxury Residences offer two locations; one in the heart of downtown Playa del Carmen and the other on the best beach in Playa del Carmen. Designed to be completely worry-free for owners, these groundbreaking Playa del Carmen condos offer access to a rental program that generates revenue to cover all common expenses, including maintenance inside and out, administration, insurance and other services to ensure the residence is always in top shape for a visit.
5. Real Estate Investing Beats the Stock Market Over Time
Did you know that real estate investing beats the stock market when adjusted for inflation? Although most investors buy into the stock market and other traditional options to make money and grow wealth, alternative investments like investing in real estate are all too often overlooked – especially because they won’t make your investment advisor the steady commission check he or she is used to bringing in. From investing money in solid income-producing investments like turnkey vacation homes and other rental properties, to buying REITs and FIBRAs, a second private residence or commercial real estate, the options for real estate investing today are truly endless. Just compare the annual returns from the Dow and S&P 500 with real estate over the 10-year period between 2005 and 2015 – smart real estate investments provided a steady 10 percent return on investment, while the stock market jumped around like crazy and only provides an average 10-year return of 4.6 percent after the numbers are adjusted for inflation.
Where to invest in Playa del Carmen?
Deciding the way to invest in Playa del Carmen for your situation can feel overwhelming, so it's important to take your time and work with an experienced real estate investment advisor who knows the area and can show you the best deals on investment properties. Here are just a few of the developments we are excited about right now:
Do you already own real estate in Playa del Carmen or have you considered buying property in Mexico? Leave your thoughts and any questions about the topic in the comments below!
Want to know more about investing in real estate and living in Playa del Carmen? Click the following link to discover some Surprising Reasons Playa del Carmen is a Great Place to Live!