Everyone at Investment Properties Mexico would like to send best wishes for a wonderful Christmas! We hope this holiday season fills every heart with song and brings plenty of joy and laughter to all as we prepare for the New Year.
From downtown Playa del Carmen to Puerto Aventuras and Tulum, Mexico’s Riviera Maya is one of the best places in the world to spend the Christmas holidays and we want to make sure you enjoy every minute!
Here’s our 2017 list of the best places to have Christmas dinner in the Riviera Maya:
Best Places for Dinner Christmas Eve in Playa del Carmen:
1. Plank Gourmet Grill & Patio Bar is located on 16th Street between 1st and 5th Avenue, serving a traditional Christmas dinner menu on December 24th and 25th for just $700 pesos. The mouthwatering menu includes choice of gourmet turkey with all the trimmings or pork leg stuffed with nuts and orange sauce; a smoked sea bass flatbread appetizer with roasted tomato and pepper sauce; a local pumpkin salad with roasted endives, vanilla, echalote and sherry vinaigrette; a roasted garlic cream soup; grilled shrimp; osobucco wonton; hoja santa pesto and apple strudel with cacao sauce, vanilla ice cream and caramelized macadamia nuts for dessert.
2. Frida Kahlo Restaurante is situated on 5th Avenue at 8th Street and will offer a special Christmas buffet for $1,500 pesos. Menu options will include choice of stuffed turkey, pork loin or romeritos, which is a traditional Mexican Christmas dish made with shrimp and potatoes in a mole sauce; as well as choice of sides including mashed potatoes, a berry mix and walnut salad with goat cheese and red wine vinaigrette or white wine steamed veggies; followed by a choice of desserts including apple-walnut pie, Mexican-style chocolate cake and profiteroles.
3. Casa Sofia is located in Playa del Carmen’s exclusive Playacar neighborhood and will serve a delicious menu for just $590 pesos on Christmas Eve December 24th starting at 8 p.m. The meal will start out with a spinach and lettuce salad with dried fruit and goat cheese and a honey mustard dressing, followed by a choice between caserecci with porcini and saffron or penne with salmon and vodka sauce. The choice of main courses includes stuffed turkey with pink puree or tuna with fine herbed crust in an apple and balsamic reduction served with grilled veggies and followed by panettone for dessert.
Where to Eat Christmas Dinner in Tulum:
1. Unico is situated in downtown Tulum and will serve a Christmas Eve Seafood Feast for $1,200 pesos as well as a special dinner Christmas Day for $800 pesos. On Christmas Eve, the special tasting menu includes one drink and a blue crab salad, pickled mussels, seared tuna, hogfish brandade, jumbo head-on shrimp, local red snapper, Caribbean spiny lobster and decadent dark chocolate cake. For Christmas Day, the menu includes one drink and three courses. For the first course, choose between seafood-stuffed piquillo peppers or spiced lamb meatballs, followed by a choice of 30-hour skirt steak or sesame seared tuna for the second course and decadent dark chocolate mousse or Unico’s cheesecake for dessert.
2. Mezzanine Tulum Thai Restaurant & Bar overlooks the Mexican Caribbean Sea and lies on the Beach Road, offering a unique option for Christmas dinner, authentic Thai-style. The menu is absolutely mouthwatering and crafted by celebrity chef Dim Geefay to include the very best and most tantalizing flavors, including fragrant Thai curries and a variety fresh seafood delicacies. We especially love the vegetarian spring rolls, pineapple and mango curry and the khao phad, but everything on the menu is delicious.
3. Mi Amor Restaurant by Paul Bentley is also located on the Tulum Beach Road and has a delicious menu inspired by the best French and Italian cuisine. Although not serving a traditional Christmas dinner, this is still an excellent option for the holidays (or any time of year, for that matter). Known for using the best quality ingredients available and a simple style with exceptional execution, Mi Amor offers a truly memorable dining experience with breathtaking views of the Mexican Caribbean Sea. We recommend the goat cheese and artichoke ravioli, the tortellini brandade and the local fish, as well as the local vegetables and porchetta.
Eating Christmas Dinner in Puerto Aventuras:
1. Café Ole is located on the marina in Puerto Aventuras and will be hosting their 22nd annual traditional Christmas Eve dinner on December 24th for just around $300 pesos. Guests can enjoy oven roasted turkey, sage dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, pecan sweet potatoes, cranberries, fresh green beans and baked bread, as well as Gaylita’s famous desserts! Reservations are required. Choose between three seatings, offered at 5 p.m., 7 p.m. or 9 p.m.
What’s your favorite Christmas Eve tradition? Let us know in the comments!
Want to send a free digital Holiday Postcard to friends and family?