Deciding where to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Mexico’s Riviera Maya can feel a bit overwhelming, mainly because there are so many options. From Cancun, to downtown Playa del Carmen, to the beaches of Tulum, there are parties that are perfect for families, singles and couples of all ages.
Here’s our list of the best places to celebrate New Year’s Eve 2018 in the Mexican Caribbean!
Best New Year’s Eve Celebrations in Downtown Playa del Carmen:
1. Thompson Playa del Carmen will host one of the biggest parties of the year on its rooftop for NYE, offering three nights of pumping beats, flowing drinks and revelry with one of the best views of downtown Playa, starting December 29th and continuing through December 31st when the hotel will host its epic New Year’s Eve bash. Doors open at 9 p.m. Dinner served from 7-9 p.m. Entry is $2,900 pesos, or $5,500 pesos for admission plus dinner.
2. Mandala is also a popular New Year’s Eve party spot near downtown Playa del Carmen, offering a great dance party the opportunity to reserve the table size and location of your choice, along with your favorite bottles. Prices range from $1,029 USD to $4,571 USD. Each table reservation includes covers (tickets) and guests will receive a credit card they can use during the NYE party to order bottles and drinks from the menu.
3. Playa Mamitas has already established itself as an iconic place to spend NYE, featuring incredible staging and production, a high-quality menu, excellent service and fantastic shows. This year, a variety of different artists will take the stage and help transport guests into the New Year, including live musicians and DJs, followed by an end-of-year fireworks show that is guaranteed to take your breath away. A variety of different packages are available, starting from $678 pesos.
Finally, 12th Street, between 5th Avenue and the entrance to the beach at 1st Avenue, is a go-to New Year’s Eve party spot for locals, who come here to spend the last few hours of the year. Everyone brings their own coolers and knows how to have fun, so if you plan to check this celebration out, be prepared to have a great time!
Best New Year’s Eve Cancun 2018:
1. Cocobongo is a fun party spot that is located right in the middle of the Hotel Zone. This year, the club will host a masquerade ball and dance party on New Year’s Eve. Entry is $155 USD and includes admission, all shows, a special edition T-shirt and unlimited premium drinks from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.
2. Columbus Cancun hosts romantic dinner cruises aboard a Spanish Galleon on the Nichupte Lagoon, offering breathtaking views, live saxophone music, fine wine and a delicious, three-course surf ‘n turf lobster dinner for just $196.20 USD.
3. The Jolly Roger will host a special Pirate New Year celebration for families in Cancun that includes a delicious gourmet dinner, open bar and plenty of fun for all ages. The evening will also feature a special live performance, a bottle of sparkling wine per couple and fireworks. Cost is $195 USD for adults and $88 USD for children.
4. Grupo Mandala offers four different nightclubs to choose from, which is an ideal option for those who want to party until the wee hours of the morning. Prices range from $110 to $1,180 USD.
- The City is the largest club in Latin America and is known for hosting the most impressive events in town with the world’s best DJs.
- Mandala is known for throwing parties with an international flair, presenting an experience that is not to be missed for serious partygoers.
- Dady’O has been open for 26 years and has become a Cancun nightlife institution, offering all styles of music from dance to hip-hop and pop.
- Palazzo offers a glamourous atmosphere, great DJs, couture drinks and beautiful people on NYE and every night.
Best Tulum New Year’s Eve Parties 2018:
1. Gitano will host a Gypsy Disco Dinner and Dancing Jungle Extravaganza in Tulum for NYE, with a five-course prix fixe menu by Chef Mads Reflund of Noma and Acme fame, as well as DJ sets and live performances by Nomi Ruiz, The Two, Shaman Social Club, Kon, Luis Vega and Leo Leonski. Prices range from $100 to $5,000 USD.
2. Papaya Playa Project is sure to hold one of the Mexican Caribbean’s hottest New Year’s parties, featuring a “Mexican Gastronomic Dinner Experience,” with live music, live art, cirque shows and an amazing DJ lineup produced by Storytellers from Ibiza. Tickets are only available for purchase by joining the venue’s private Facebook group.
3. Sound Tulum will present Flying Circus for NYE in an event designed just for revelers who enjoy electronic dance music. The party will take place at Zamna Tulum, a local hotel and jungle club featuring eco-chic cabanas and a cenote. The celebration will include performances by Audiofly, HOSH, Satori, Atish, Neo Human and Holder. Prices range from $80 USD to $200 USD.
4. Zamas Hotel & Restaurant will offer a night of food, dancing and celebration for NYE 2018 under the stars on one of the best beaches in the world. The night will start with a beautiful meal prepared by Chef Bryan Keller, followed by live music and a dancing DJ set. Reservations are required – call or email for more information.
What are your plans for New Year’s Eve 2018? Let us know in the comments!
Want to send a free digital Holiday Postcard to friends and family?